To view my video go to the MP Community Group Page
These delicious Mighty Meaty Muffins will quickly become your easy go-to meal for that quick meal fix. They're easy to make and we love meals that can be made ahead and frozen, ready to go throughout the week.
500g extra lean ground/mince beef
1 garlic clove, minced
½ brown onion, finely chopped
1 tbls dried Italian herbs
¼ cup gluten free rolled oats
½ cup frozen spinach, chopped
2 tbls salt-reduced tomato sauce
2 tbls fresh basil, finely chopped
2 tbls curly parsley, finely chopped
45g semi-sundried tomatoes (oil free)
2 tbls sliced kalamata olives, drained
1 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 tsp lemon zest
¼ cup low-fat greek feta cheese, finely crumbled
freshly cracked pepper & rock salt to season
canola cooking oil spray
3 tbls salt-reduced tomato sauce
1 ½ tbls honey
1 tsp lemon zest
Feta cheese crumbled
1. Preheat your oven to 190°C / 375° F. Grease 8 muffin tin holes, by lightly spraying them with cooking oil.
2. In a large mixing bowl, add all of the meatloaf ingredients and stir well to combine.
3. Next, divide the mixture into 8 good size meat loaf balls and place into the prepared muffin tin holes.
4. In a small bowl or mixing jug, whisk together the glaze ingredients. Using a basting brush, smear a spoonful of the glaze sauce over the top of each muffin.
5. Place muffin tray (s) into the oven and bake for 25 - 30 minutes, or until the meatloaf muffins are done.
6. Remove muffin tray (s) from oven and let sit for 2-3 minutes before serving.
7. Garnish with extra parsley, lemon zest and feta cheese, if desired. And sprinkle with flaxseed meal to make them MP compliant.
Enjoy Mighty Meaty muffins hot or cold, on their own or with a salad or vegetables. They’re great for the kids lunchboxes, and make for a great bite with an MPLM straight after your workout!
Make a few batches up and store in an airtight container and freeze. Simply allow thawing prior to eating, and to warm pop them into the microwave for 30-45 secs (times may vary depending on oven).
Shar’s MP Tips -
- Mighty Meaty muffins can be cooked in muffin cases, however, they will sweat during cooking causing excess liquid. Best to cook in muffin tray, then when cooled, remove and place them into the muffin cases to serve, & before freezing.
- Can substitute beef with chicken, pork or turkey mince.
- Can substitute oats with quinoa.
Serves: Makes 8 large meatballs
Calories: 161.3 Protein: 16.3 g Carbs: 11.2 g Fat: 5.7 g