This recipe is one of my fav post workout meals. In fact, I devoured 3 of these after my last workout. They're super, quick 'n' easy for MP cook ups and great for the kids lunch boxes. The cupcakes freeze well too. Store them in an airtight container and freeze up to 2 months. If you're like me, I actually double up on the ingredients and make a total of 48 cupcakes when I do this cook up!Ingredients:
250 grams of extra lean ground beef mince
24 round-shaped wonton wrappers*
1 tbls mixed Italian dried herbs
1 medium zucchini, grated
1 medium carrot, grated
2 cups light mozzarella cheese, grated
1½ cups low-fat ricotta cheese
1 cup tomato passata cooking sauce
canola oil cooking spray
2-3 firm tomatoes, thinly sliced into 24 pieces
rock salt & freshly cracked black pepper, to season
fresh basil leaves for garnish
*Wonton wraps are simply flour and water. If you like to make them yourself you can with my recipe here. However, I like the pre-made found in the refrigerated section of most supermarkets. See my MP Cookbible Tip video below - A gluten-free idea is to use corn tortillas and shaker bottle!
View Shar's MP Cookbible Tip!
1. Preheat oven to 190ºC/ 375ºF. Lightly spray 2 x non-stick muffin tins (35cm x 27cm) with cooking spray.
2. Next, spray a non-stick frying pan with oil and heat on medium-high heat. Add beef mince, dried herbs and season to taste with salt and pepper. Cook meat until browned 6-7 minutes, stirring frequently.
3. When done, remove from heat, drain any excess meat juice and transfer to a mixing bowl. Stir in grated zucchini and carrot. Mix well to combine. Set aside.
4. Divide the mozzarella cheese into 2 equal portions. Reserve 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese for the top of your wonton cupcakes. Start layering your cupcakes by firstly pressing a wonton wrapper gently into the bottom of each muffin compartment.
5. Next, spoon some of the meat mixture into the cupcakes, followed by some mozzarella cheese, a little ricotta cheese, some passata sauce and top each one off with a slice of tomato.
6. Top with reserved mozzarella cheese. Place muffin tins into the oven and cook for 18-20 minutes or until edges are brown.
7. Remove tins from oven and set aside to cool for 5 minutes before serving. Use a blunt knife to loosen the edges of the cupcakes, then pop each one out.
8. Plate up, garnish with freshly chopped basil and serve immediately. Enjoy them on their own or with a salad or vegetables!
Serves: 12 (makes 24 cupcakes) Prep & Cooking Time: 35 minutes
Nutritional Information: (2 cupcakes per serve)
Calories: 145.5 Protein: 16.8 g Carbs: 15.3 g Fat: 1.9 g